Who this job will appeal to:
The Marriott Hotels, Resorts & Suites brand looks for people who excel in their role, and are committed to delivering excellent experiences for guests, so guests get more out of their stay beyond work. People who create confidence, encourage success and make it happen!
The ideal candidate for this position:
At the Seattle Airport Marriott, we want our guests to be able to do their best, achieve their goals and be recognized for their success. To help them, we need you to stay One Step Ahead and:
- Create confidence - by being an expert at what you do; by acting and looking the part and adapting your style to match your guests pace in all you do.
- Encourage success - by supporting and respecting your guests and their goals; by recognizing them and making them feel valued and important and offering thoughtful choices to help them feel restored and balanced.
- Make it happen - by being perceptive to your guests needs; by taking ownership for getting things done and working seamlessly with others to help guests be successful.
Assure cleanliness of guest floor corridors, foyers, stairwells, and public vending areas, and assists room attendants in order to maintain high standards of quality.
- Stock linen closets with amenities and supplies for room attendants; may include taking supplies directly to room attendants.
- Empty room attendant carts of soiled linen and trash.
- Clean and remove spots from corridor walls and doors. Polish and clean mirrors, room numbers on guest room doors, and elevator doors.
- Vacuum, sweep, and/or mop hallways, stairwells, vending areas, and foyers.
- Flip mattresses and move furniture as assigned by supervisor.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
- Assist room attendants with removal of trash and linen from guest rooms during high occupancy turnover.
- Assist carpet cleaner with relocation of furniture.
- Respond to guest questions. Provide guest assistance, directions, and information as requested.
- Provide instruction and/or guidance for guest and employee safety in fire or other emergency situations.
- Other duties as assigned such as assisting room attendants or A.M. lobby attendants when requested.