Who this job will appeal to:
At Embassy Suites El Paso, TX we look for people who excel in their role, and are committed to delivering excellent experiences for guests, so guests get more out of their stay. People who create confidence, encourage success and make it happen!
Assure cleanliness of guest floor corridors, foyers, stairwells, and public vending areas, and assists room attendants in order to maintain high standards of quality.
- Stock linen closets with amenities and supplies for room attendants; may include taking supplies directly to room attendants.
- Empty room attendant carts of soiled linen and trash.
- Clean and remove spots from corridor walls and doors. Polish and clean mirrors, room numbers on guest room doors, and elevator doors.
- Vacuum, sweep, and/or mop hallways, stairwells, vending areas, and foyers.
- Flip mattresses and move furniture as assigned by supervisor.
- Escort arriving and departing guests in a friendly, courteous manner to and from their accommodations, transporting their luggage.
- Acquaint each guest with room and features.
- Comprehend and abide by all traffic regulations while transporting customers to and from the airport terminal or another designated site.
- Drives guests to and from the airport, restaurants, malls within a 3 mile radius
- Maintains cleanliness of the shuttle
- Providing engaging, gracious service to our guests.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
- Assist room attendants with removal of trash and linen from guest rooms during high occupancy turnover.
- Assist carpet cleaner with relocation of furniture.
- Respond to guest questions. Provide guest assistance, directions, and information as requested.
- Provide instruction and/or guidance for guest and employee safety in fire or other emergency situations.
- Comprehend and abide by all traffic regulations while transporting customers to and from the airport terminal or other designated site.
- Remain calm and alert especially during emergencies or heavy hotel activity and handle complications from driving in the local community.
- Listen, understand and respond immediately to customer and employee inquiries and requests for assistance. Greet customers with a friendly and sincere welcome.
- Lift luggage, packages and boxes from cars, buses, vans and carts, placing items on the ground, onto baggage carts, conveyors or other vehicles.
- Clearly communicate the features, and services of the hotel facilities.
- Maintain an alert and attentive demeanor. Maintain cleanliness of the hotel vehicle by cleaning and washing it when appropriate.
- Take vehicle for periodic servicing and fueling as required.
- Good driving record
- Other duties as assigned such as assisting as Door Person or Bell Captain when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned such as assisting room attendants or A.M. lobby attendants when requested.