The Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport is seeking a dynamic team player to take on the challenge of a unique position within the Front Office of a 488-room hotel that boasts 50,000 square feet of event space. The Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport is conveniently located near Hollywood and Universal Studios in the center of the entertainment hub. Our property provides complimentary meals, employee events, great hotel discounts at over 5,700 hotels world-wide and perks for local events & attractions!
Our At Your Service Representatives responsibilities include but are not limited to answering, recording, and processing all guest requests, questions, or concerns via telephone, email, chat, and mobile communication devices. Operate telephone switchboard, process guest requests for wake up calls, and connecting and directing calls to the appropriate extensions. Receive, record, and relay messages accurately. Log all guest requests or issues into computer, contact appropriate individual or department (e.g., Bellperson, Housekeeping), and follow up with guests to ensure their request has been resolved to their satisfaction. Provide information to guests about room features, property amenities, and local areas of interest. May process food & beverage orders, answer questions on menu selection and record transactions in point-of-sale system. Assist guests with accessing internet and guestroom entertainment.
Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; and protect company assets. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests’ service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, and support team to reach common goals. Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards. Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats; stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Safety and Security
- Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
Policies and Procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Ensure uniform, name tags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Provide assistance to individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually, hearing, or physically-impaired individuals within guidelines (e.g., escorting them when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions on paper, moving objects out of the way, or offering access to Braille or TDD phones).
- Answer, record, and process all guest calls, requests, questions, or concerns.
- Receive, record, and relay messages accurately, completely, and legibly.
- Contact appropriate individual or department (e.g., Bellperson, Front Desk, Housekeeping, Engineering, Security/Loss Prevention) as necessary to resolve guest call, request, or problem.
- Process food & beverage orders, answer questions on menu selection; record transactions in point-of-sale system, process payment and run cashier reports at end of shift.
- Accept and record wake-up call requests and deliver to appropriate department.
- Log all guest requests, incidents, and adjustments customer relationship management (CRM) system to allow for proper tracking and documentation of guest problems and solution.
- Respond to special requests from guests/residents with unique needs.
- Follow up with guests to ensure their requests or problems have been met to their satisfaction.
- Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
- Identify and explain hotel features to guests (e.g., use of room key, ice and vending areas, in-room safe, hotel services).
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Exchange business related information with other employees using electronic devices (e.g., mobile communication devices, email, and chat).
- Operate telephone switchboard station in order to answer telephone calls.
- Process guest requests for wake up calls, screening calls, do not disturb, call forwarding, conference calls, TDD relay calls, and non-registered guest calls.
- Instruct guests on how to access the internet and guest room entertainment features (e.g., streaming video).
- Monitor busy or unanswered lines, check back with callers on hold to update status, and offer to take a message.
- Test communications equipment and ensure it is working properly.
Working with Others
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.