The Crowne Plaza Atlanta Midtown is looking for an energetic professional to join our team! to ensure that staff of the housekeeping department cleans and maintains guest rooms and public spaces in accordance with client/guest expectations and standards of product and service.
Examples of Duties Essential functions:
Oversees staff of Housekeeping Supervisors, House-Persons, and Room Attendants by conducting daily and monthly meetings, inspecting staff work and giving guidance so that deficiencies are corrected and standards are met.
Interviews, hires and trains room attendants in the procedures and techniques. Training includes detailed instruction on use of chemicals for different surfaces and procedures to report repairs to engineering.
Arranges staff work schedules, determining days off, insuring staffing levels are based on occupancy and/or any current or anticipated projects. Submits payroll records, correcting errors to ensure pay is on time.
Maintains and reviews computerized records for budgeting and forecasting of department expenses as well as inspection scores for housekeepers.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
- Maintains inventories of amenities, chemical and other supplies to ensure items are in stock and reorders in timely manner.
- Coaches, counsels and disciplines staff, when appropriate, to ensure standards are met and assigns staff to additional training when needed.
- Reviews current standards and introduces hotel-wide changes such as those affecting amenity set-ups to ensure hotel is in compliance.
- Coordinates with laundry to ensure room linen is picked up and delivered to meet guest room needs.
- Consults with outside contractors regarding rehabbing or general maintenance of public and guest room areas.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.