Experience and Skills:
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Knowledge of all maintenance trades, including basic electrical, plumbing, mechanical and carpentry.
* Basic mechanical aptitude for operation and repair of hotel equipment.
* Skill in the use of related tools (including other hand and electric tools).
* Basic communication and mathematical skills in order to communicate with co-workers, fully comprehend job assignments and perform accurate simple arithmetic functions
* Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping and kneeling.
* Ability to push and pull objects or materials weighing up to 100 lbs.
* Ability to climb stairs and ladders, working at heights up to approximately 30 feet, for extended periods of time, with the ability to reach, oftentimes overhead.
* Ability to grasp, lift or carry items weighing up to 50 lbs., occasionally waist high.
* Ability to deal with a number of problems requiring initiative and good judgment.
* Ability to move and work throughout the hotel for the duration of the shift.
* Ability to test the pool chemicals, utilizes reporting procedures, operate pool pump, and clean filters.
* Complete daily report of operating equipment.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Basic experience in maintenance trades, including electrical, plumbing, mechanical and carpentry.
Licenses or certificates:
No licenses required.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).