Experience and Skills:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to work well with all members of the Engineering Department and all other members of the Hotel Staff.
- Must promote a cordial and caring attitude toward guests and superiors.
- Highly motivated self starter.
- Experience in all phases of mechanical/electrical systems.
- Appropriate technical schooling considered a plus.
- Ability to communicate with hotel guests.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10F) and kitchens (+110F), possibly for one hour or more.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to reach other locations of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. On a regular and continuing basis.
- Must have the ability to bend, squat, stoop, stretch to fulfill cleaning and other maintenance tasks.
- Must be able to frequently lift 50 lbs. and occasionally lift up to 100 lbs.
- The worker is subject to hazards: includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- The worker is subject to atmospheric conditions, one or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation.
- The worker is subject to oils; there is air and/or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
High school or equivalent education required.
Prefer a minimum of one year of hands-on experience working on minor electrical, painting, plumbing and a/c repairs.
Licenses or Certificates
Ability to obtain and/or maintain any government required licenses, certificates or permits.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Spire Hospitality standards.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.