Do you love speaking to people on the phone? Are you a friendly, courteous and engaging? Then we need you to join our team. High Peaks Resort, a beautiful mountain resort in Lake Placid, NY., is looking for a Reservations Agent to answer phone inquires and employ sales techniques in order to secure and process reservations for guest accommodations in a timely manner consistent with high standards of quality. You will also be required to learn the Front Desk Agent functions as part of this team. This is a great property, fun team with great benefits and competitive wages.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to effectively deal with customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger to collect accurate information.
- Ability to listen effectively and to speak clearly over the telephone.
- Ability to access, read and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, customers, and patrons.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to follow written and or verbal instructions in English.
- Ability to input 40 wpm on a computer keyboard.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing.