Experience and Skills:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Considerable knowledge of mathematical skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) necessary to interpret reports and budgets.
- Knowledge of menu development, insight to marketing, cost and wage control.
- Knowledge of food products, standard recipes and proper preparation.
- Ability to analyze, forecast data, and make judgments to ensure proper payroll and production control.
- Finger/hand dexterity in order to operate food machinery.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise move goods weighing a maximum of 50 lbs. on a continuous schedule.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- Ability to supervise large staff and accomplish goals on a timely basis.
- Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
- Ability to conduct meetings, menu briefings and maintain communication lines between line staff and Food and Beverage Director.
- Ability to stand, walk, and/or sit continuously and perform essential functions for an extended period of time.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy and collect accurate information to resolve conflicts.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations, distinguish product, taste, texture and presentation and observe preparation.
Artistic ability to create theme menus, ideas for ice carvings, decorations, etc