The Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport is seeking a self-starting & motivated Director of Security to take on the challenge of a unique position within a 488-room hotel that boasts 50,000 square feet of event space. The Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport is conveniently located near Hollywood and Universal Studios in the center of the entertainment hub. Our property provides complimentary meals, employee events, great hotel discounts at over 5,700 hotels world-wide and perks for local events & attractions!
Directs and oversees the implementation of all safety and security programs for the purpose of providing protection and a sense of well being to all guests and employees.
Examples of Duties:
Interview, select, review and counsel security officers to maintain order throughout the hotel. Train new employees according to all corporate specifications including documentation. Assign duties and schedule staff, balancing needs of hotel and productivity standards. Monitor staff activity and coach subordinate performance.
Watch for suspicious persons entering, exiting, or loitering around building. Conduct walk through observations of entire hotel. Promote safe work practices. Ensure compliance with OSHA standards and preventative measures. Develop and administer safety incentive programs. Chair Safety Committee and enforce safety program. Develop, revise, and advise key personnel of emergency procedures.
Investigate accidents, thefts, property loss and unlawful activities. Document details and advise management. Track departmental safety records and document medically treated and non-treated injuries.
Coordinate and monitor for efficiency safety and security related programs for overall hotel including: lost and found process, auditing of issuance of hotel keys, chemical, CPR and fire preparedness training, Manager on Duty schedules, evacuation drills, etc.
Compile and distribute departmental reports such as property loss correspondence. Read incoming correspondence and disseminate pertinent information to staff members.
Organize and conduct departmental Manager on Duty and Safety Committee meetings. Attend and participate in other required meetings.
- Implement new security measures for the hotel to include key systems/SOPs, safety systems/SOPs and loss prevention systems/SOPs.
- Lead security team and maintain up to date certifications as required and training for the team.
- Hold monthly Safety Committee meetings and attend monthly corporate Safety meetings.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
- Participate in Manager on Duty coverage program requiring weekend stay-over, constant monitoring throughout hotel and trouble shooting problems.
- Answer security telephone and respond in a timely manner based on priority.
- Provide accurate information to inquirers for directions, hours of operation, etc.
- Conduct hotel locker inspections.
- Escort guests and employees as required to parking lots, provide same for employees carrying house banks.
- Use a clear, concise speaking voice, listen with empathy, provide accurate information and document legibly all appropriate information.
- Other duties as assigned by the General Manager.