Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player. Considerable skill in complex mathematical calculations without error. Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts. Ability to move throughout all food and beverage areas and hospitality suites and continuously perform essential job functions. Must have the ability to communicate in English.
Some responsibilities include:
- Maintain positive customer service programs to ensure customers receive high quality customer service at all times.
- Hire, train, supervise, and schedule in accordance with policies, productivity standards, cost controls and forecast needs.
- Listen actively and communicate clearly while interacting with customers to promote food products and directing staff activities.
- Analyze feedback from clients and employees, make judgments and take action to implement suggestions for improvement.
- Maintain working rapport with all hotel staff for efficient operation and service to customers.
- Organize and conduct meetings for information, training and product knowledge.
- Monitor staff performance, product quality and production flow; foster improvement where necessary to maintain consistency.
- Create and implement new menus and individual menu items for all outlets based on current food trends and regional tastes.
- Develop innovative menu selections for special banquet themes and parties in accordance with client budgetary considerations and expectations. Confer with General Manager regarding all new menu and product selections and changes.
- Audit food storeroom items and storage to maintain quality products to ensure adherence to all health code requirements. Enforce safety procedures and cleanliness throughout kitchen(s) including walk-ins, reach-ins and all F&B Venues.
- Monitor and direct venues during peak period to oversee production flow and presentation.
- Ensure meeting and exceeding service, cleanliness and sanitation standards. Attains high scores in health inspection reports.
- Report any equipment in need of repair to Engineering for service.
- Plan and direct the hotel functions of administration and planning of the Food and Beverage Department to meet the daily needs of the operation. Perform other duties as requested, such as VIP parties and staff meetings.
- Develop and implements successful F&B promotions, strategies, policies, and procedures to meet and exceed the F&B goals.
- Ensures all policies, procedures, control systems, and other established operating plans are understood and implemented by the F&B staff.
- Clearly describe, assign and delegate responsibility and authority for the operation of the various food and beverage sub-departments, e.g. room service, restaurants, banquets, kitchens, steward, etc
Manage venue budgets, including all purchasing of equipment and supplies, plans for maintenance and capital improvement projects to ensure budgetary goals are met or exceeded.
Develop operating tools necessary and incidental to modern management principles, e.g. budgeting, forecasting purchase specifications, recipes, portion specifications, menu abstracts, food production control etc.
Oversee Beverage inventory, beverage controls and meet all legal liquor dispensing requirements.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Participate in Manager on Duty coverage program requiring weekends, constant monitoring throughout hotel and troubleshooting problems.