Experience and Skills:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to push and/or pull equipment weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to scrub and scour surfaces, extend arms over head to perform cleaning tasks, and work in confined spaces.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other employees, as well as guests.
- Basic ability to comprehend English language sufficient to understand information such as safety labels and instructions and basic guest requests.
- Ability to follow instructions, directions, and meet deadlines, including the thorough cleaning of a minimum of 14 rooms as specified by management.
- Ability to understand and follow directions, and perform job functions under limited supervision.
Basic ability to comprehend English language sufficient to understand information such as safety levels and instructions. Any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Licenses or certificates:
Training and Experience:
Previous cleaning experience preferred.
Additional language ability preferred.
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (occasionally: activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time), and/or a negligible amount of force frequently (Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time), to lift, carry, push, or pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Must be able to push/pull 100+ lbs.
Inside: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. A job is considered 'inside' if the worker spends approximately 75 percent or more of the time inside.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Associates with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
- Upon employment, all associates are required to fully comply with rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Associates who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).