We have a great step-up opportunity for someone with experience as a resort Executive Chef. Our full service upscale resort is seeking an experienced, highly motivated, hands-on Executive Chef who will be actively involved in back line food preparation for catering and banquets, as well as our other full service outlets. This position will also provide administrative oversight for the culinary team at the High Peaks Resort located in Lake Placid, New York. The Executive Chef will interface with sous chefs at both resorts ensuring systems and structures are in place which meet cost control and labor targets. The successful candidate, as part of the hotel leadership team, will perform the following functions:
- Ensure the efficient operation of all restaurant, banquet, and outlet food production
- Oversee budgetary compliance while ensuring high food quality and presentation
- Actively engage in menu preparation
- Standardize recipes to ensure consistency and portion control
- Hire, train, evaluate, and lead kitchen culinary staff in a professional manner
- Ensure complete guest satisfaction
As part of the leadership team, this position requires preparation of weekly staff schedules in accordance with budgetary guidelines and business demand, coupled with responsibility for exercising effective loss prevention controls for food and kitchen products. The successful candidate will report to and work closely with the Food and Beverage Director to ensure the profitable operation and management of the Food and Beverage department as well as building, training, and nurturing an effective team.