Job Title: Cook
Reports To: Executive Chef and Sous Chef
Purpose of the Position: Prepares food items in accordance with recipes and standards while maintaining a neat and safe work environment. Visually inspects all food sent from kitchen to make sure plates are clean and food is appetizing.
* Check in with the Executive Chef or Sous Chef for any verbal or written special instructions, forecast, reservations, special of the day
* Complete all prep work related to lunch or dinner: preparing vegetables: specials, meats. Set up line with the necessary plates, utensils, food items, etc.
* Prepare food items according to guest orders of consistent quality following recipe cars as well as production, portion and presentation standards
* Operate, maintain and properly clean kitchen equipment, including deep fryer, broiler, oven, stove, sauté and pantry as needed
* Date all food containers and rotate as per policies, making sure that the perishables are kept at proper temperatures, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up; note any out-of-stock items or possible shortages; return all food items not used to designated storage areas, being use to cover/date all perishables
* Adhere to portion control to specifications, food cost control, waste, spoilage, rotations, food properly requisitioned
* Set up and break down work stations
* Complete daily cleaning schedule. Observe all sanitary work conditions at all time
* Make sure station is clean when leaving shift; including the grill, broiler, fryer, stainless steel counters etc.
* Communicate with the Executive Chef to find out the specials for the day, any specials instructions, forecast and reservations.
* Know your work schedule and follow accordingly
* Work in a cooperative and friendly manner with fellow employees
* Maintain professional attire and personal hygiene
* Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area
* Perform your job according to standard operating procedures
* Read, understand and follow all policies, procedures and rules as stated in the employee handbook
* Implement management company and hotels’ safety and emergency’s policies and procedures) i.e. evacuates first aid etc. To include removing all safety hazards, following company OSHA Hazcom programs and safe lifting techniques.
* Inform management of any work-related problems or guest complaints
* Practice 'CARE hospitality' and provide guest satisfaction
* Promote the hotel through goodwill and a positive attitude
* Attend all scheduled training classes and meetings
* Train other employees as directed by management
* Continue to learn and grown in your position
* Perform any reasonable request as assigned or directed by management
* Provide for a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules
* Arrange for reasonable accommodations for person(s) with disabilities
* Assist person(s) with disability
* Comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws ordinances as they apply to the hotel guest and employees
* Know all emergency procedures (fire server weather, bomb threats, guest accidents/illness, etc)