The Hilton Jackson is currently looking for energetic, friendly team-oriented room attendants to join us at our Jackson, MS location! Following are some of the essential functions of the position:
To clean and stock guest rooms to ensure high standards of cleanliness.
- Clean bathtub, toilet, sink, walls, mirrors, tiles, counters, and floor surfaces using cloths, mops, sponges, brushes, and/or cleaning agents by extending arms over head, bending and stooping.
- Strip and make beds, changing bed linens, which may require lifting bedspreads weighing a maximum of 40 lbs.
- Dust all furniture, pictures, drawers, window ledges, and shelves thoroughly.
- Replenish amenities, linens, and supplies in guest room.
- Push and pull vacuum throughout entire room and empty trash.
- Sign for room keys and retrieve, push to assigned rooms, and restock heavy cart. Visually inspect room for cleanliness and appearance and signify completion of room.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
- Respond in a timely manner to guest requests of items such as an iron, safety instructions, assistance, directions, and/or other information.
- Report all suspicious persons, activities or hazardous conditions to the Security Department.
- Turn in all items found in employee’s working area to Hotel Lost and Found department.
- Other duties as assigned.
We are an affirmative action employer