The Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport is seeking a Maintenance Engineer to perform preventative maintenance, HVAC repair and assist with painting upkeep of our 488-room hotel, which boasts 50,000 square feet of unique indoor and outdoor event space! Our ideal Maintenance Engineer will have experience and/or certifications for HVAC and electric.
Painting experience preferred.
Preferred English and Spanish speaking.
Preferred to have an open schedule and be able to work all weekends.
To maintain, repair and clean mechanical areas/equipment and to assist other trade mechanics in their duties to ensure a safe, clean and well maintained hotel.
- Work with all trade mechanics as required to help with repairs and maintenance. Must have good mechanical ability and be willing to learn and take direction from trade mechanics. Skill in the use of basic hand and electric tools and familiarity with parts and materials is required. This individual must be able to work in hot, cold and wet conditions and be able to stoop, kneel, crawl and climb on all types of surfaces.
- Change filters on all supply air fans and fan coil units requiring the ability to grasp hand tools and adjust and maintain equipment.
- Clean and paint all mechanical spaces. Must have the visual ability to identify and match colors for painting color coded steam pipes and identifying color coded electrical wires, and the ability to perform duties in confined spaces and awkward positions.
- Clean ceiling diffusers, return air registers and toilet exhausts. Must climb ladders or use a lift, occasionally working at heights above 30 feet.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
- Clean and wash chilled water and steam coils.
- Punch tubes and clean cooling towers.
- Add chemicals to treat water and sewage systems.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.