When you join our team, you aren't just getting a 'new job'... you’ll be working in the interesting hospitality world. The Crowne Plaza Bloomington is transforming to the Marriott Renaissance and we believe in a making every day special, where work doesn’t have to be a 4-letter word and you become part of the family.
Come join our team as the Event Manager. This position is responsible to assist in the overall efficient operation of the Conference Services Section within the Sales Department. Responsible for the efficient and professional coordination of any assigned conference or meeting group. Also responsible for social catering sales including weddings, local events and day meetings.
Document and organize detailed requirements of each function. Coordinate activities of various departments. To service accounts, such as directing room service in the creation and delivery of VIP amenities.
* Communicate with sales, front office and reservations in order to coordinate and monitor guest room blocks and special reservation needs. Assign banquet/meeting rooms set up based on needs of clients, e.g. schoolroom. Review banquet personnel work to ensure accuracy. Monitor in house group activity providing assistance as needed such as organizing exhibit set up.
* Establish rapport with and entertain meeting planners while promoting hotel facilities and services. Conduct walking site inspections throughout property.
* Plan and conduct pre and post-convention meetings with clients and respective departments.
* Finalize catering/weddings including room blocks, ceremony and reception arrangements and catering needs.
* Assist in the billing process for all meetings and events.
* Meet and greet clients, conduct property tours, and promote facilities and services. Answer customer inquiries.
* Collaborate with client to select menus, write contracts and letters, as well as organize all other arrangements as they relate to social and corporate events.
* Prepare and present weekly and monthly Catering/Sales reports.
* Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
* Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
* Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
* Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulation will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
* Assist banquet staff in room set up as necessary.
* Assist sales managers in the sales of rooms and catering as needed.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.Type or Copy/Paste Job Description here