Job Title: Engineer II
Reports To: Director of Engineering/Chief Engineer
Purpose of the Position: Primary function is to repair and maintain the mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems as well as the physical features of the hotel and grounds.
* Follow specific departmental procedures in efficiently performing repair, maintenance, alteration and installation work
* Comply with latest local, county, state and federal governmental codes, laws and requirements
* Determine defects, troubleshoot malfunctions, take immediate necessary corrective action if guest related/top priority or schedule for completion within 2 days and record same on the departmental work order form.
* Respond to service calls from each and every department, general manager, chief engineer and manager on duty (MOD), within half hour from time call is received
* Coordinate with other department personnel such as electrician, carpenter, painter and night engineer in completing service, replacement, alterations, and new installation work
* Assist in training mechanical level and new department employees on equipment and daily function of the hotel
* Efficiently repair and maintain kitchen and laundry equipment; efficiently repair and maintain air conditioning and heating equipment
* Perform preventive maintenance on all mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
* Provide preventive maintenance and appropriate logs on the various systems listed above, consistent with management company’s engineering standard procedures
* Efficiently maintain pools, filters and pumps on a daily basis.
* Accurately and efficiently complete all assigned work orders each day or report incomplete orders to supervisor for rescheduling
* Efficiently adjust televisions and Lodgenet equipment
* Accurately and efficiently repair vacuum cleaners, returning them to service within two days
* Carefully and efficiently paint, stain or repair interior and exterior surfaces
* Record daily, weekly and monthly temperature and pressure readings
* Change light bulbs and ballasts as soon as reported or noticed
* Efficiently and accurately repair doors and building hardware
* Accurately fill out a daily Engineering report
* Efficiently, accurately and courteously complete room calls as assigned, contacting each guest within 30 minutes of request
* Accurately take equipment readings, meter readings and maintain accurate logs in a legible and orderly manner
* Accurately perform routine repairs and assist Engineer One or chief Engineer on major repairs of all hotel equipment including small appliances, kitchen equipment, laundry equipment, boilers, plumbing, pool equipment, HVAC, hand and power tools
* Assist other members of the Engineering Department as needed
* Know your schedule and follow it with reliability
* Work in a cooperative and friendly manner with fellow employees
* Maintain a professional attire and good personal hygiene.
* Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area.
* Perform your job according to standard operating procedures.
* Read, understand and follow all policies, procedures and practices as stated in the Employees Handbook
* Utilize protective equipment when applicable
* Promptly report substandard (unsafe) conditions to supervisor
* Promptly report accidents, injuries, property damage or loss to supervisor
* Keep accurate information flowing freely among all hotel departments
* Inform management promptly of any work-related problems or guest complaints
* Provide 'CARE Hospitality’ to ensure guest satisfaction
* Promote the hotel through goodwill, courtesy and a positive attitude
* Attend all scheduled training classes and meetings
* Train other employees as directed by management
* Continue to learn and grow in your position
* Perform any reasonable request as assigned or directed by management
* Provide for a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules
* Arrange for reasonable accommodations for person(s) with disabilities
* Assist person(s) with a disability
* Comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws and ordinances as they apply to the hotel, guests, and employees
* Work in a hot or cold environment
* Stoop, reach, lift, climb, push, pull, bend, walk, handle and stand in order to maintain and repair equipment
* Lift and carry heavy objects such as boxes, televisions, ladders, etc.
* The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions