Transport and clean cooking utensils and service-ware in order to provide cooks, bus-person and food servers with appropriate equipment for guests’ dining experience. Also requires cleaning of physical surroundings.
Examples of Duties:
- Promptly and carefully sort soiled ware so that it can be placed in the dish or pot machine properly. Quickly wash all ware and replace in storage areas as designated.
- Keep dish machine properly cleaned and filled with water per hotel standards.
- Operate burnishing marching to ensure proper finish on silverware.
- Detarnish/polish silver for proper appearance.
- Clean kettle, tilt skillets, pots and pans promptly and completely so cooks can carry out their work.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
- Perform general/routine cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned by supervisor to adhere to health standards.
- Clean and dry floors to avoid slip/fall accidents.
- Separate linen from other debris.
- Perform other duties as requested, such as moving supplies and equipment, cleaning up spills, etc