SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
* Basic knowledge of skilled trade activities in plumbing, carpentry, electrical and mechanical work and painting.
* Basic mechanical aptitude for operation and repair of hotel equipment.
* Skill in the use of a variety of skilled trade tools (including both hand and electrical tools).
* Basic English language communication and mathematical skills in order to communicate with co-workers, fully comprehend job assignments and perform accurate simple arithmetic functions.
* Ability to move and work throughout the hotel for the duration of the shift.
* Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping and kneeling.
* Ability to push and pull objects or materials weighing up to 100 lbs.
* Ability to climb stairs and ladders, working at heights up to approximately 30 feet for extended periods of time, with the ability to extend arms, often times overhead.
* Ability to grasp, lift or carry items weighing up to 80 lbs., waist high.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the functions of the job. High school diploma preferred.
1-3 years as room technician or painter.