Assist in managing a single food and beverage outlet or a shift or section of food and beverage operations. Supervise kitchen employees and entry-level Culinary Staff in preparation and cooking of various food items and their garnishment and presentation. Responsible for menu planning and development and cost control.
At Crowne Plaza®, we want our guests to feel able to do their best, achieve their goals and be recognized for their success. To help them we need you to stay One Step Ahead and:
- Create confidence - by being an expert at what you do; by acting and looking the part and adapting your style to match your guests’ pace in all you do.
- Encourage success - by supporting and respecting your guests and their goals; by recognizing them and making them feel valued and important; and offering thoughtful choices to help them feel restored and balanced.
- Make it happen - by being perceptive to your guests’ needs; by taking ownership for getting things done and working seamlessly with others to help guests be successful.
- Assist in developing new menu concepts. Develop, test, and cost out new menu items. Maintain updated and accurate recipes and costing of all dishes prepared and sold in assigned area of responsibility.
- Oversee methods of preparation, portion sizes, and timeliness of food preparation; control food usage to minimize waste.
- Supervise activities of assigned staff, communicate goals, and assign/schedule work. Communicate and enforce policies and procedures.
- Recommend and initiate disciplinary or other staffing/human resource-related actions in accordance with company rules and policies. Alert management of potentially serious issues. Assist with employee selection, training and development, and performance coaching.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Sales and Marketing, Catering, Banquets, Maintenance, and Guest Services. Assist sales, catering, and banquet staffs with banquets, parties and other special events.
- Interact with outside contacts:
- Guests - to ensure their total satisfaction
- Vendors - to order supplies and equipment and ensure best prices and quality
- Health Department and other regulatory agencies - regarding safety matters and kitchen inspections
- Inspect the cleanliness of the line floor and all kitchen stations. Maintain and strictly abide by proper storage procedures and state sanitation and health regulations. Notify the Maintenance Department of any needed repairs.
- Review the following day’s menus and complete requisitions for food and supplies needed from various storerooms; maintain inventory control procedures.
- Maintain and enforce procedures to (1) ensure the security and proper storage of food and beverage products, kitchen inventory and equipment, (2) replenish supplies, inventory, uniforms, etc. in a timely and efficient manner, and (3) to minimize waste and control costs.
- Assist in determining the minimum and maximum stocks of all food, material and equipment.
- Assist in cooking and food preparation as required.
- May serve as Manager on Duty or perform other duties as assigned.
Assists Executive Chef in supervising the preparation of food for multiple F&B outlets or facilities, or may independently supervise food preparation for one or more outlets. Primary duty is professional chef work and supervision of other culinary employees.