Principle Responsibilities & Position Purpose:
Set and clears restaurant tables; stocks all service stations and assist food servers with tables to ensure total guest satisfaction. Maintain overall cleanliness of restaurant and service stations. Assists Food Runners with tray delivery and running oysters from oyster bar.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Quickly clear dirty table settings and prepare tables for resetting. Assist servers by pre-bussing tables. Promptly and consistently reset all service ware as prescribed, the standard practice is 5 minutes for table reset. Maintaincleanliness of floor space around table being reset. Wipe down booths and chairs, move tables and chairs as necessary.
- Maintain stock and cleanliness of stations for all meal periods with necessary equipment including rolled silverware, linen, serving trays and condiments.
- Assist servers in serving guests with beverages, breads, and butter to begin their dining experience and replenish as necessary; Assist server with food & beverages service to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Assist food runners in tray delivery and running oysters from oyster bar.
- Transport all dirty tableware from dining room to dishwashing area for proper cleaning. Stock trays, b&B plates, and tray stands. Ensure sanitation buckets are in proper places.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Perform general and deep cleaning tasks using standard cleaning products as assigned by supervisor to adhere to health standards.
- Perform all assigned side work to include replenishing condiments and restocking side stands.
- Perform other duties as requested, such as cleaning unexpected spills, handling special guest requests, greeting and seating guests and ensuring guest satisfaction. Assist bartenders with transporting and stocking of cooler and shelving when the beverage requisition is delivered.
- Attend required meetings/training sessions.
Frequency Key: Rare - up to 1 hour, Occasional - 1-3 hours, Frequent - 3-6 hours, Constant - 6-8 hours
Physical Activity Frequency
Walking, climbing stairs Constant
Near Vision Constant
Far Vision Constant
Lifting/Carrying(50 lbs) Frequent
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by the department from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required when performing work duties that may have the potential of risk to your health or safety. The hotel will provide the required PPE. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of any assigned PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE, or
equipment that does not fit properly, to your Manager. Items required, but not provided by management are as follows:
? Black Slip Resistant Shoes
? Back Support (optional)