Principle Responsibilities & Position Purpose:
Greet and escort guests to tables in the restaurant, monitoring the restaurant and all staff, maintaining a courteous and efficient operation of the dining room to ensure guest satisfaction. Operate table managements system and seating rotation chart accordingly, monitor flow of restaurant and communicate with management to accurately quote wait times.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Meet and greet guests as they arrive, escort them to their table and present menu. Communicate to guests while seating to ensure proper welcome is given to the guests as they are walked to their table. Remove additional plates and silverware and return to proper stations.
- Maintain proper set-up of dining room. Assign stations to service staff and assist management with checking side work and closing duties for service and bus staff. Assists in pre bussing tables to help bus person and server. Runs oysters from oyster bar.
- Read, maintain and make daily entries in log book to coordinate communication between shift and management.
- Operate table management system and proper server rotation sheet. Ensure proper rotation and seating is logged. Communicate flow of seating to management and accurately quote waite times.
- Receive, record, and make any necessary arrangements for large party reservations and special functions in the restaurant.
- Perform opening and closing duties. Assist others with side work to include cleaning, stocking, and rolling silverware.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Perform other duties as requested by management/supervisor, such as carrying pitchers, coffee and/or tea pots throughout outlet, refilling guests' cups as requested, handing special guest requests, and ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Assist buspersons to clear dirty table settings and prepare tables for resetting. promptly and consistently reset all service ware as prescribed.
- Maintain an open line of communication between guests, management, and service staff.
- Attend required meetings/training sessions.
Frequency Key: Rare - up to 1 hour, Occasional - 1-3 hours, Frequent - 3-6 hours, Constant - 6-8 hours
Physical Activity Frequency
Walking, climbing stairs Constant
Near Vision Constant
Far Vision Constant
Lifting/Carrying( 40 lbs) Constant
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by department from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required when performing work duties that may have the potential of risk to your health or safety. The hotel will provide the required PPE. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of any assigned PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your Manager. Items required, but not provided by management are as follows:
? Black Slip Resistant Shoes