Principle Responsibilities & Position Purpose:
Responsible for the initial preparation and servicing of Drago’s Bar which includes restocking, cleaning & other duties assign by Drago’s management team. Service of food and/or beverage to include the taking orders and delivery of any food and/or beverage items; This task is to be handled in a friendly, courteous, helpful, timely, and professional manner resulting in a very high level of guest satisfaction. Maintaing cleanliness of bar and completion of sidework included in shift. Maintain a positive work environment and demonstrate strong teamwork skills. Responsible for handling money, making change, and depositing cash sales.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Greet the guests in a friendly and courteous manner and explain any specials and/or restaurant promotions for guest awareness. Record the details of the order from the guests, repeating the order to the guest to check for accuracy. Input the order into the Point of Sale computer to inform the kitchen of the particulars in the order being placed.
- Properly ID’s guests ordering alcoholic beverages and uphold liquor laws while service responsibily.
- Prepares beverages in a quick and efficient manner according to recipes and properly garnished. Exhibits knowledge of wine, beer, and liquor and cocktail recipes.
- Pairing ability with wine to the food menu.
- Receives cash from guests, makes any change needed, verifies validity of charges, records charges, and insures vouchers are properly executed, in order to balance all monies. Must accurately complete paperwork at the end of the night.
- Sets bar stations and maintains stock levels during service. Maintains cleanliness of bar area, beer coolers, refrigeration and storage areas to comply with health code standards.
- Cuts, slices and peels perishable garnishes and fruits, mixes and pours juices in sufficient amounts according to projected business. Dates and labels all items and monitors proper rotation and disposal.
- Stocks and rotates all coolers and maintains cooler temperature log daily. Responsible for maintaining stock levels during service.
- Checks and maintains adequate amounts of supplies, i.e. stir sticks, napkins, glassware, etc. for both the immediate bar and extended service areas. Scoops ice from ice bins, transports to service areas and replenishes ice containers for usage.
- Assists in running oysters from oyster bar and food trays from kitchen.
- Visually checks stock received against written requisition with management, to ensure order is accurate. Saves empty liquor bottles as they accumulate for bottle for bottle program and requisitions.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
? Attends mandatory meetings/training sessions.
? Assist the bar porter in clearing and resetting the tables and seats at bar.
? Perform all assigned side work to include replenishing condiments and restocking side stand
? Perform other duties as requested, such as answering telephone, handle special guest request, and greet and seat guest according to guidelines.
? Keeps work area clean and organized.
? Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested by management.
? Must adhere to all State, Federal and Corporate liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests to ensure all laws are being followed.
Frequency Key: Rare - up to 1 hour, Occasional - 1-3 hours, Frequent - 3-6 hours, Constant - 6-8 hours
Physical Activity Frequency
Walking, climbing stairs Frequent
Near Vision Constant
Far Vision Constant
Lifting/Carrying( up to 100 lbs) Frequent
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by the department from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required when performing work duties that may have the potential of risk to your health or safety. The hotel will provide the required PPE. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of any assigned PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE, or
equipment that does not fit properly, to your Manager. Items required, but not provided by management are as follows:
? Black Slip Resistant Shoes
? Rubber/Latex Gloves (Provided)
? Back Support
Positions directly reporting to this position (titles):