The DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Annapolis is looking for a dedicated and energetic Director of Front Office to join their goal and service oriented team of professionals.
The Director of Front Office reports to the Director of Operations and General Manager
The Director of Front Office will insure profitability, control costs and quality standards to insure total guest satisfaction.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff
- Observe performance and encourage improvement
- Interview, select, trains, supervises, evaluated, counsels, and administers disciplinary procedures for front office staff
- Monitor lobby traffic and makes staffing adjustments as required
- Reviews VIP reservations and ensures proper handling of VIP’s and groups, administers amenity orders, and resumes for incoming guests
- Monitors special reservation requests handling and oversees rate changes on in-house guests
- Computes daily payroll, schedules, and other reports
- Analyzes data and makes decisions based on prior experiences and knowledge of circumstances to ensure staffing levels are applicable to the occupancy of the hotel
- Manages front office staff, resolves guest concerns, and implements resolution by using discretion and judgment
- Frequently serves in role as Manager On Duty
- Fields guest complaints, conducting a thorough research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiate results
- Listen and extend assistance in order to resolve problems such as price conflicts, insufficient heating or air conditioning
- Remain calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy hotel activity
- Plans and implements detailed steps by using experienced judgment and discretion
- Regularly review Front Office S.A.L.T scores to maximize rooms’ revenue
- Facilitate departmental meetings
Know your schedule work and follow it accordingly
- Work in a cooperative and friendly manner with fellow employees
- Maintain professional attire and personal hygiene
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area
- Perform your job according to standard operating procedures
- Read, understand and follow all policies, procedures and practices as stated in the Employee Handbook
- Implement management company and hotel’s safety and emergency policies and procedures (i.e. evacuation, first aid, etc) to include removing all safety hazards, following company’s OSHA program, safe lifting techniques
- Utilize protective equipment, when applicable
- Promptly report substandard ( unsafe ) conditions to Supervisor
- Promptly report accidents, injuries, property damage or loss to Supervisor
- Keeps accurate communication flowing freely among all hotel departments
- Inform management promptly of any work-related problems or guest complaints
- Practice "CARE hospitality" and provide guest satisfaction
- Promote the hotel through goodwill, courtesy and a positive attitude
- Attend all schedule training classes and meetings
- Continue to learn and grow in your position
- Perform any reasonable request as assigned or directed by management
- Provide for a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules
- Assist person(s) with a disability
- Comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws ordinances as they apply to the hotel, guest and employees
- Respond properly to irritated or angry guests
- Supervise; the PBX, Front Office and Hilton Hhonors department
- Oversees the Front Services (Vendor) and business center
- Responsibilities will include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be flexible enough to work any shifts including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect and analyze accurate information and resolve conflicts
A minimum of 4 year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hospitality Management or related major.
Licenses or certificates:
Training and Experience:
4 years experience as a Front Office Manager or a combination of both experience and education.
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (occasionally: activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time), and/or a negligible amount of force frequently (Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time), to lift, carry, push, or pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Inside: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. A job is considered "inside" if the worker spends approximately 75 percent or more of the time inside.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Associates with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
- Upon employment, all associates are required to fully comply with rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Associates who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
- Additional language ability preferred.