Experience and Skills:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to read and write basic English in order to complete necessary reports and understand information from hotel, regional or corporate offices.
- Ability to communicate effectively and pleasantly with guests and staff as is necessary to effectively run the department.
- Ability to grasp, lift, carry or otherwise move materials weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to move throughout building, bend, stoop and reach to assist other staff members complete their individual tasks if situation demands.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook and TimeSaver ADP preferred.
- Confident speaker with the ability to lead meetings.
- Flexible schedule required to include weekends and holidays.
Bachelor’s degree preferred or any other combination of education and experience that
provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Licenses or certificates:
Ability to obtain any government required licenses or certificates.
Training and Experience:
Minimum two years supervisory experience in hotel industry. Previous hotel experience in rooms division preferably in hotels.
Must be able to communication in English and Spanish. Fluency preferred.
Previous Housekeeping experience needed. Flexible schedule is a must. Experience in mid size property preferred. Must have office, word, excel, power point skills.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Associates with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
- Upon employment, all associates are required to fully comply with rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Associates who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).