The Crowne Plaza Atlanta Midtown is currently recruiting applicants for PBX Operators. This 460-room hi-rise complex in Midtown Atlanta is a flagship property for IHG Hotels and Spire Hospitality. The property is just completing a full renovation as it debuts the Staybridge Suites as a part of its offering.
Answer internal and external telephone calls in a friendly and courteous manner, direct calls through the hotel switchboard. Input wake up calls and messages into the system, retrieve messages as requested. Actively coordinate communications within the hotel including emergency procedures, alarms, life safety, natural disaster, and shuttle van services, acting as a liaison to all appropriate local Emergency Services.
- Promptly answer telephone calls speaking English, greet callers with a positive and clear voice. Listen to ascertain the correct extension. Reading and using a moderately complex computer console, direct calls to appropriate line. Requires sitting in a confined space for long periods of time to continuously perform essential functions.
- Transcribe complete messages and repeat information to verify accuracy. Input and retrieve messages from the computer as requested. Read and verbally recite exact messages for guests. May include recording reservations during special hotel programs.
- Receive wake up call information, input cautiously into the automated wake-up system and verbally confirm time to guest.
- Act as liaison between guest and security, guest services or engineering. Provide timely information via paging system and two-way radios to employees in response to emergencies and guest requests such as plumbing problems, airport shuttle service, etc.
- Briefly answer basic inquires, such as time, extension numbers, outlet hours, etc.
- Remain calm and polite especially during emergency situations and/or heavy hotel activity. Listen to details to identify nature of problem and respond appropriately in accordance with established procedures. Initiate emergency response as necessary and legibly document pertinent details. Resolve complications and complaints such as missed wake up calls or missed messages using previous experience and good judgment.