The Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport is seeking skilled, guest-oriented On-Call Banquet Servers to take on the challenge of serving 50,000 square feet of event space. The Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport boasts 488 guest rooms and is conveniently located near Hollywood and Universal Studios in the center of the entertainment hub. Our property provides complimentary meals, employee events, great hotel discounts at over 5,700 hotels world-wide and perks for local events & attractions!
Set up of Banquet Room and serve food and/or beverages in a friendly, courteous and professional manner according to high standards of quality.
- Set up banquet room as instructed by Banquet Captain to include linen, service-ware and glassware.
- Attend roll call meetings before events to learn function particulars, including guest and hotel expectations.
- Greet guests and respond to requests in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Serve the food and/or beverage in the order and to the expectation of the Banquet Captain to ensure consistency throughout the banquet. Promptly bus dishes as guests complete each course and/or meal at the end of the meal or function.
- Replenish beverages as necessary, and check with guests for overall satisfaction.
- Once banquet is complete, reset banquet room according to Captain’s specifications to ensure the readiness of the room for the following function.
- Perform all assigned side-work to include replenishing condiments and restocking banquet shelves with supplies.
- Perform general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products, as assigned to adhere to health standards.
- Abide by all State, Federal and Corporate liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Knowledge of the appropriate table settings and service-ware.
- Basic knowledge of the English language sufficient to understand inquiries from customers and communicate simple instructions.
- Ability to comprehend and apply written product-labeling instructions to enable the safe application of products and processes within the hotel.
- Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
- Ability to transport up to 30 lbs. through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout the shift.
- Ability to operate beverage equipment, e.g., coffee maker.