Experience and Skills:
Specific Job knowledge, skill and ability
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to understand and follow written and/or verbally in English.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally in English.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information.
- Ability to read English language sufficient to ascertain information from luggage tags and claim checks to write numbers and names on claim checks and rooming lists.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise move packages, boxes and luggage up to 75 lbs. continuously throughout shift.
- Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions.
- Sufficient manual dexterity in hands to be able to load and unload luggage.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, and walking significant distances on property.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities.
No prior experience required. Prior guest service or other hospitality experience preferred.
Licenses or certificates:
Valid, current driver’s license.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).