Cascadia Restaurant and Bar brings together the finest local ingredients of the Northwest with influences from America's greatest food cities, including New Orleans and Austin. Executive Chef Hensley and his team deliver exceptional lunch and dinner selections in a family friendly environment which is both upscale and affordable. Enjoy locally crafted beer, wines and cocktails, representing the best of the Northwest in our bar or dining room. Outstanding for large parties and private events.
As the Restaurant Manager, you will direct and organize the activities of the Food and Beverage Department in order to maintain high standards of service, food and beverage quality, and merchandizing. Your engagement in development of an annual marketing plan to solicit new sales opportunities and maximize use within existing markets will be crucial.
It will be the Restaurant Manager's responsibility to lead exceptional guest service through:
* Interview, select, train, supervise, counsel and discipline restaurant staff for the efficient operation of the outlet. Organize and conduct pre-shift and departmental meetings communicating pertinent information to the staff, such as house count and menu changes. Schedule and direct staff in their work assignments.
* Interact positively with customers promoting hotel facilities and services. Resolve problems to the satisfaction of involved parties. Answer telephones in a clear voice, coordinate and document reservations. Organize special events in the restaurant such as receptions. Maintain rapport with all departments and attend relevant meetings.
* Move throughout facility and kitchen areas to visually monitor and take action to ensure food quality and service standards are met. Verify temperatures, judge appearance and taste of products and check preparation methods to determine quality. Give guidance toward improvement and make necessary adjustments for consistency.
* Maintain profitability of outlet to support overall hotel operation. Control payroll and equipment costs (minimize loss and misuse). Ensure par stock levels are maintained by calculating inventory, ordering and retrieving supplies and stocking shelves by stooping, bending, lifting heavy articles and reaching overhead. Evaluate cost effectiveness of all aspects of operation. Develop and implement cost saving and profit enhancing measures.
* Utilize computer to accurately charge customers, create forecast and revenue reports and write correspondence. Input and retrieve data and change computer procedures using complex series of keypunches to program system.
* Ensure maintenance of equipment by calling for repairs and training staff on proper use.
* Conduct competitive research and report trends and recommendations.
* Support the entire Food and Beverage operation including supervising other areas if necessary, handling special projects, running promotions, handling public relations and marketing.
* Provide clean and safe environment by assigning and assisting with cleaning.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.