We are so excited about what is going on in Orlando. Our property is growing and we are looking for a creative individual who can lead a strong team to success.
We are 1,000 + room resort located in the tourist area in Orlando, Florida with Food and Beverage options across our resort. We are seeking a dynamic Food and Beverage professional who can drive service and motivate a team.
Qualified candidate will have a minimum of four years of experience as F&B department head. Must be able to demonstrate success in areas such as room service, lobby bars, outside dining experiences and must a have a strong knowledge beverage control. The qualified candidate will also be well versed in vigorous marketing for multiple food and beverage outlets.
The Director of Outlets oversees all food and beverage outlets to ensure excellent guest service and maximize revenues and profits to support overall resort operations. While leading an outlet team of managers, supervisors and line level team members, the Director is closely involved and responsible for producing successful results in the areas of guest service, profit & loss, F&B marketing, team cohesion, cleanliness and sanitation, and all outlet administration.
• Responsible for hiring, training, and direction of department associates
• Oversee the function of all food and beverage outlets to ensure excellent customer service and maximize revenue and profits
• Utilize leadership skills and motivation techniques in order to maximize employee productivity
• Interview, select, train, supervise, counsel and discipline restaurant staff for the efficient operation of the outlet. Organize and conduct pre-shift and departmental meetings communicating pertinent information to the staff, such as house count and menu changes
• Schedule and direct outlet managers, supervisors and line level team members in their work assignments
• Organize special events in the restaurant such as receptions
• Develop, implement, and change menu items on an as-needed basis and play an integral role in marketing F&B outlets.
• Move throughout facilities and kitchen areas to visually monitor and take action to ensure food quality and service standards are met
• Maintain profitability of outlet to support overall hotel operation
• Control payroll and equipment costs (minimizing loss and misuse)
• Oversee and ensure par stock levels are maintained by calculating inventory, ordering and retrieving supplies and stocking shelves by stooping, bending, lifting heavy articles and reaching overhead
• Evaluate cost effectiveness of all aspects of operation
• Develop and implement cost saving and profit enhancing measures
• Review, prepare and update forecasts as needed
• Utilize prescribed cash handling procedures to accurately charge customers, create forecast and revenue reports and write correspondence
• Assist managers in training and development of staff in order to provide most positive customer service and employee well being
• Responsible to make sure all guest feedback programs are in place
• Responsible that all associates uniforms are up to standards
• Attend weekly resumes meetings
• Manage the overall cleanliness of Resort relating to all areas of F&B.
• Manage the overall operation of the patio areas for proper set-up and service
• Responsible for keeping department head and Upper management fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance coming to his/her attention so proper and prompt corrective action can be taken when appropriate
• Know your work schedule and follow it with a high degree of reliability
• Work in a cooperative and friendly manner with fellow employees
• Maintain professional attire and personal hygiene
• Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area
• Perform your job according to standard operating procedures
• Read, understand and follow all policies, procedures and rules as stated in the Employee Handbook and any Policy manual
• Implement management company and hotel’s safety and emergency policy and procedure (i.e. evacuation, first aid, etc) to include removing all safety hazards, following company’s OSHA HAZCOM program and safe lifting techniques
• Utilize protective equipment, when applicable
• Promptly report substandard (unsafe) conditions to supervisor
• Promptly report accidents, injuries, property damage or loss to supervisor
• Keeps communication flowing freely among all departments
• Inform management promptly of any work-related problems or guest complaints
• Practice “CARE hospitality” and provide guest satisfaction
• Promote the hotel through goodwill, courtesy and a positive attitude
• Attend all schedule training classes and meetings
• Train other employees as directed by management
• Perform any reasonable request as assigned or directed by management
• Provide for a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules
• Comply with all federal, state and local laws and ordinances as they apply to the hotel guests and employees
• Restaurant Managers, Supervisors, and Outlets Team