Join the excitement and growth of the newly renovated and expanded Double tree by Hilton Orlando at Sea World.We are a 1020 room convention hotel located on International Drive across from Sea World. We take great pride in delivering REMARKABLE guest service at all times.
Job Purpose of the Position: Primary function is to provide advance technical repairs and maintenance to all hotel systems, equipment and physical features.
- Efficiently, accurately and courteously complete room calls as assigned, contacting each guest within 30 minutes of request
- Accurately and efficiently complete all assigned work orders each day or report incomplete orders to supervisor for rescheduling
- Change light bulbs and ballasts as soon as reported or noticed
- Efficiently maintain pools, filters and pumps on a daily basis.
- Efficiently adjust televisions and lodgment equipment
- Efficiently and safely change light switches and outlets
- Efficiently and accurately repair faucets, toilets, and drains
- Efficiently and accurately repair doors and building hardware
- Clean up grounds and parking lots
- Accurately and efficiently repair vacuum cleaners, returning them to service within two days
- Carefully and efficiently repair vacuum cleaners, returning them to service within two days
- Carefully and efficiently paint, stain or repair interior and exterior surfaces.
- Accurately fill out a daily Engineering report
- Efficiently replace air filters on AC units on a routine basis
- Effectively and efficiently repair and maintain bell carts
- Efficiently make urgent repairs as identified by other personnel or guests
- Assist other Engineering employees needed
- Read, understand and follow all policies, procedures and practices as stated in the Employees Handbook
- Utilize protective equipment when applicable
- Promptly report substandard (unsafe) conditions to supervisor
- Promptly report accidents, injuries, property damage or loss to supervisor
- Keep accurate information flowing freely among all hotel departments
- Inform management promptly of any work-related problems or guest complaints
- Provide 'CARE hospitality' and provide guest satisfaction
- Promote the hotel through goodwill, courtesy and a positive attitude
- Attend all scheduled training classes and meetings
- Train other employees as directed by management
- Continue to learn and grow in your position
- Perform any reasonable request as assigned or directed by management
- Provide for a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules
- Arrange for reasonable accommodations for person(s) with disabilities.
- Assist person(s) with a disability
- Comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws and ordinances as they apply to the hotel, guests, and employees.