Are you interested in overseeing the most amazing event space in Midtown Atlanta? Are you a team player and passionate about what you do? Then this might be the position for you……
We are a dual branded, full service hotel offering more than 30,000 square feet of flexible meeting space. Our premier event space, The SKY Room is located on the 25th floor and offers unparalleled 360 degree views of the Atlanta skyline.
We are seeking an outgoing experienced individual to join our team as Director of Catering. This position reports directly to the Director of Sales & Marketing. Become a part of our leading sales and catering team by promoting our services and products while selling to new and existing clientele. As a part of our mission, we are people centric and performance minded. The Crowne Plaza Atlanta Midtown and Spire Hospitality, prides themselves on mentoring and coaching our associates to provide optimal customer service and guest satisfaction. At Spire, your success is our primary mission.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for all catering sales and the event center's activities in the hotel; from booking events to execution.
- Prepare departmental budget and forecasts, operating within set parameters, ensure effective cost control
- Schedule and assign in detail, specific duties to all employees under supervision for the efficient operation of the Catering Department, coverage of functions in accordance with productivity standards.
- Work closely with the Director of Sales and Marketing to prepare monthly forecasts
- Control function space maximization and ensure standards are met
- Develop the annual business and marketing plan for the department in conjunction with the Director of Sales and Marketing
- Work with Food and Beverage outlets with regards to reservations and flow of clients
- Expedite function bookings; prepare resumes, event contracts, etc. Compilation and distribution of conference agendas and event orders
- Ensure maximum employee satisfaction. Conduct monthly and annual performance reviews
- Coordinate training for department individuals for best carrying out their responsibilities and duties