Join the excitement and growth of the newly renovated and expanded Double tree by Hilton Orlando at Sea World. We are looking for a candidate that is very passionate about providing service to our guest. Must be able to multi-task and ensure guest requests are fulfilled. You should genuinely care about people.
We are a 1020 room convention hotel located on International Drive across from Sea World. We take great pride in delivering REMARKABLE guest service at all times.
Purpose of the Positions: To work in conjunction with the Convention Service managers and the Sales Managers in handling all aspects of the Group room blocks from the point of turn over from the Group Coordinators. Through effective management of group blocks, room inventory, VIP room blocking, assisting DORM with putting rooms out of order, off market, and house use. The position will aide in maximizing yield management.
- Answer telephone promptly and courteously. Enter guest reservations into the computer system quickly and accurately segmenting reservations into the appropriate category while using the hotel's selling strategy and knowledge of all rates, package plans, and hotel services, in order to close out sale and up sell the hotel as appropriate
- Maintain good relations with all guests and Convention Services, Communicate with Meeting Planner regarding changes to blocking, staff room, suites, etc.
- Ensure the following group functions are completed in an accurate and timely fashion:
- Read and initial the Group Resumes and Daily Function Sheets.
- Ensure that all Group VIP, staff rooms, and suites are block consistent to the Group Resume.
- Review arrivals for the day; block rooms for VIP’s, Special Service Request codes, and Comments.
- Run the following reports (Expected Departures, Expected Arrivals, Duplicate reservations, VIP Report, Comments, Out of Order/Off Market reports)
- Use arrivals report to review Special Service Request rate codes, Package rates, and coupons. Ensure blocking is done for all Special Service Requests
- Assign Show Room; review out of order and Off Market rooms
- Communicate with Housekeeping early departures, VIP, special room blocks
- Ensure blocking is complete for future dates/days (days prior to arrival date)
- Review blocked VIP rooms and communicate to Housekeeping
- Check the Comments Report for room changes, late check-outs, and informational messages
- Monitor Housekeeping status throughout the day for blocked VIP, Special Service Request, and Suite rooms
- Check in-house guest list with an Arrival Report or System to make sure there are no duplicates and ensure Market Segment tracking is accurate
- Charge credit cards for advance deposits for Travelweb, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, and Hotwire
- Enter Contract (Airlines) rooming lists into the PMS, block rooms, pre-key and check in
- Attend weekly Group pick-up, resume meetings, and pre-convention meetings; prepare and communicate pick-up reports and rooming lists for each meeting
- Maintain an awareness of general hotel availability at all times
- Maintain a working knowledge of Convention Services, Sales, and Front Office areas, credit policy, different room types and hotel services
- Change and cancel reservations as guest requests. When canceling a reservation with deposit, ensure proper coding in reservation is done to advise on status of deposit
- Take reservations for suites, properly filling in necessary information and blocking rooms
- Know your work schedule and follow with reliability
- Work in a cooperative and friendly manner with fellow employees
- Maintain professional attire and personal hygiene
- Maintain clean, neat and orderly work area
- Perform your job according to standard operating procedures
- Read, understand and follow all policies, procedures and practices as stated in the employee handbook
- Implement management company and hotel’s safety and emergency policies and procedures (i.e. evacuation, first aid, etc) to include remove all safety hazards, following company’s OSHA Hazcom program, safe lifting techniques
- Utilize protective equipment, when applicable
- Promptly report substandard (unsafe) conditions to supervisor
- Promptly reports accidents, injuries, property damage or loss to supervisor
- Keep accurate communication flowing freely among all hotel departments
- Inform management promptly of any work-related problems or guest complaints
- Practice 'CARE Hospitality' and provide guest satisfaction
- Promote the hotel through goodwill, courtesy and positive attitude
- Attend all scheduled training, classes and meetings
- Train other employees as directed by management
- Perform any reasonable request as assigned or directed by management
- Provide for a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules
- Arrange for reasonable accommodations for person(s) with disabilities
- Assist person(s) with a disability
- Comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws and ordinances as they apply to the hotel, quest and employees
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customer, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflict
- Must be flexible enough to work any shifts including evenings, weekends and holidays
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 1 to 2 years pf prior guest service preferred. Prior hospitality experience also preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Considerable skill in the in the use of calculator to perform moderately complex mathematical calculations without error
- Attempts to communicate with guest in guest’s native language, if applicable
- Remains calm alert, especially during emergency and/or from their rooms as appropriate
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
- Reasonable accommodationsmay be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; and use hands to finger; handle, or feel
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions