Experience and Skills:
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Good working knowledge of the fundamentals of cooking.
* Good working knowledge of accepted standards of sanitation.
* Knowledge of operating all kitchen equipment, i.e. stoves, ovens, broilers, slicers, fryers, steamers, kettles, etc.
* Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements, requisition amounts and portion sizes.
* Ability to read and write the English language in order to complete requisitions, read recipes and communicate with other employees.
* Sufficient manual dexterity of hands in order to use all kitchen equipment, i.e. knives, spoons, spatulas, tongs, slicers, etc.
* Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 200 lbs.
* Ability to stand and work continuously in confined spaces.
* Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
Any combination of education training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Culinary or Apprenticeship program preferred.
Cooking experience required.
Licenses or certificates:
Ability to obtain any government required licenses or certificates.
We are an affirmative action employer.