COME AND BE PART OF THE HILTON TEAM!
Adhere to policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and service standards.
Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service at all times.
Keeps Banquet Manager informed of all problems and unusual matters. Takes necessary corrective action where appropriate.
Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the banquet event order, portioning and serving standards.
Achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility and sanitation and cleanliness through daily inspection of meeting space.
Control receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with banquet check policies and procedures.
Recommends new services of business and income.
Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
Track and fill all packages shipped and received. Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the preventive maintenance programs.
Ensure that all products are received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the receiving policies and procedures.
Verbally communicate, in a calm, positive demeanor, during the course of the function with the kitchen, service, beverage, conventions services, and engineering staffs, as well as the guest host to ensure timely execution of events, quality service, and adherence to all applicable federal, state, local safety and health regulations and corporate standards.
Supervise cleanup of function room and proper breakdown and storage of equipment.
Enter billing information into micro system to generate a final guest check. Process payroll for each event, which includes calculating number of hours worked, and gratuity distribution.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
- Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
- Orders supplies and linens for functions from Purchasing and Housekeeping departments.
- Separates, posts, and distributes event order sheets.
- Assist servers and captains with the execution of events according to the event order and quality standards.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.