Experience and Skills:
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be knowledgeable in preparation and service of alcoholic beverages.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to ensure proper delivery amounts and understand portion sizes.
- Sufficient manual dexterity in order to use a knife, pick up glassware and bottles, scoop ice, and extend arms overhead to stock items.
- Basic knowledge of the English language sufficient for the team members to understand inquiries from customers and communicate simple instructions.
- Ability to comprehend written product labeling instructions to enable the safe application of products and processes within the hotel.
- Ability to work in confined work spaces.
- Ability to grasp, bend, lift and/or carry, or otherwise move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 300 lbs. at a continuous schedule.
- Ability to perform duties within temperature ranges, from normal to refrigerated.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information, and resolve conflicts.
High School graduate or equivalent preferred.
One to Two (1-2) years prior bartending experience required.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Ability to obtain Responsible Vendors License; CPR Certification, Serve Safe Certification, and/or First Aid training preferred.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.