Job Title: Barista
Department: Food & Beverage
Reports To: Director of Food & Beverage
Purpose of the Position: Ensures service standards are met and surpassed by providing Starbucks/ Hotel guests with prompt, quality food and beverage selections, proper preparation and purchase. Accurately and courteously handle cash and credit transactions for payment of guest checks in accordance with management company’s accounting and credit policies and procedures.
- Welcomes and connects with every guest to provide excellent service
- Ensures service standards are met and surpassed by providing Starbucks/ Hotel guests with prompt, quality food and beverage selections, proper preparation and purchase. Guests will experience a friendly and clean atmosphere.
- Identifies guest needs and appropriately suggests products to enhance service and meet sales goals.
- Obtain and assume responsibility for your bank.
- Ring guest checks; collect cash and process credits and room charges in the exact manner outlined by company policies and procedures.
- Handle cash transactions accurately, quickly, carefully and responsibly.
- Control guest checks to prevent loss, theft or mishandling.
- Follow property procedures with regard to check issuance and control.
- Check Micros machines to make sure they are set to the proper menu.
- Accurately and efficiently fill out reports, vouchers, forms, etc, to document daily transactions and provide accounting with necessary shift information. Follow hotel/accounting procedures in reconciling shift deposit.
- Complete food and beverage requisitions and supply lists.
- Clean and restock service items
- Have complete knowledge of daily hotel events and hours of operation
- Know and comply with Resort/ Company policies.
- Ensure established pars are maintained.
- Perform all side work duties according to side work schedules.