Join the excitement and growth of the newly renovated and expanded Double tree by Hilton Orlando at Sea World.
We are looking for a candidate that is very passionate about providing service to our guest. Must be able to multi-task and ensure guest requests are fulfilled. You should genuinely care about people.
We are a 1020 room convention hotel located on International Drive across from Sea World. We take great pride in delivering REMARKABLE guest service at all times.
Purpose of the Position: To provide courteous and professional service by greeting guests at the door, escorting them to their table, presenting menus and taking reservations. Accurately and courteously handle cash and credit transactions for payment of guest checks in accordance with management company’s accounting and credit policies and procedures. Monitors service to ensure guest satisfaction and oversees dining room cleanliness and maintenance.
- Controls reservation book, accepts and enters them accurately
- Checks restaurant for proper set up upon arrival
- Fill out floor plan by checking station rotation chart, assign side work schedule on floor plan and post floor plan at host stand
- Greet and seat guests in a warm and friendly manner
- Check MICROS machines to make sure they are set proper menu.
- Inspect menus to ensure cleanliness and acceptability
- Record number of guests on flow chart per station to balance workload among servers
- Assist guest in seating and present menu within two minutes
- Notifies server of guest seating and communicates any special needs or request to ensure guest receive immediate and proper attention
- Provide guest with information on available food and beverage items
- Promptly answer all phone calls within three rings
- Monitors dining room activity, assist servers and dining room attendants (busperson) as needed to ensure performance is up to standards
- Report any problems that may occur with service or guest complaint to management
- Receives payment and processes the transaction on MICROS System
- Keep front entrance of restaurant clean and presentable at all times
- Have complete knowledge of daily specials ,soups and hours of operations
- Provide positive, professional guest contact. Answer guest questions and make guest feel welcomed
- Elicits feedback from departing guest on food and beverage services in order to improve the operations to increase guest base and maximize revenue
- Know your schedule work and follow it accordingly
- Work in a cooperative and friendly manner with fellow employees
- Maintain professional attire and personal hygiene
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area
- Perform your job according to standard operating procedures
- Read, understand and follow all policies, procedures and practices as stated in the Employee Handbook
- Implement management company and hotel’s safety and emergency policies and procedures (i.e. evacuation, first aid, etc) to include removing all safety hazards, following company’s OSHA program, safe lifting techniques
- Utilize protective equipment, when applicable
- Promptly report substandard ( unsafe ) conditions to Supervisor
- Promptly report accidents, injuries, property damage or loss to Supervisor
- Keeps accurate communication flowing freely among all hotel department
- Inform management promptly of any work-related problems or guest complaints.
- Practice 'CARE hospitality 'and provide guest satisfaction
- Promote the hotel through goodwill, courtesy and a positive attitude
- Attend all schedule training classes and meetings
- Continue to learn and grow in your position
- Perform any reasonable request as assigned or directed by management
- Provide for a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules
- Train other employees as directed by management
- Assist person(s) with a disability
- Comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws ordinances as they apply to the hotel, guest and employees
- Respond properly to irritated or angry guests
- Immediately clean all spills
- Know and follow all sanitation procedures
- Assist other servers when needed