Experience and Skills:
- Acknowledges and greets guests in public spaces with a warm, friendly greeting.
- Reviews daily inventory of rooms, arrivals and departures.
- Reviews daily inventory of supplies needed to complete the assignments for the day.
- Cleaning of hotel rooms to include: dusting, vacuuming, changing bed linens, cleaning bathrooms, lobby and common areas.
- Perform quality cleaning to meet required standards within set time limits.
- Comply with all hotel safety guidelines.
- Pick up litter wherever visible even if not in designated work area.
- May perform similar duties as requested by supervisor.
25 Clean bathtub, toilet, sink, walls, mirrors, tiles, counters, and floor surfaces using cloths, mops, sponges, brushes, and/or cleaning agents by extending arms over head, bending and stooping.
20 Strip and make beds, changing bed linens, which may require lifting bedspreads weighing a maximum of 40 lbs.
15 Dust all furniture, pictures, drawers, window ledges, and shelves thoroughly.
10 Replenish amenities, linens, and supplies in guest room.
15 Push and pull vacuum throughout entire room and empty trash.
5 Sign for room keys and retrieve, push to assigned rooms, and restock heavy cart. Visually inspect room for cleanliness and appearance and signify completion of room.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Ability to push and/or pull equipment weighing up to 100 lbs.
* Ability to scrub and scour surfaces, extend arms over head to perform cleaning tasks, and work in confined spaces.
* Ability to communicate effectively with other employees, as well as guests.
* Ability to follow instructions, directions, and meet deadlines, including the thorough cleaning of a minimum of 16 rooms as specified by management.
* Basic ability to comprehend English language sufficient to understand information such as safety labels and instructions and basic guest requests.
Any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and ability.
Prefer some previous housekeeping experience.
Licenses or certificates:
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).