Job Title: Recreation Attendant
Reports To: Recreation Manager
Purpose of the Position: Promote a fun and relaxing atmosphere for guests.
Work directly with the Recreation Manager for coordination of special functions.
* Welcomes and connects with every guest to provide excellent service
* Promote a fun and relaxing atmosphere for guests.
* Provide the highest quality of service to guests at all times
* Coordinate programs on a seasonal and annual basis for all age groups
* Assist in the planning, organizing and instructing of classes, activities, holiday programs, and events
* Account for all monies collected through program fees
* Promote program awareness and interest as part of an ongoing public relations program
* Work directly with the Recreation Manager for coordination of special functions
* Continually seek new and exciting ideas to improve and expand the Recreation programs
* Assist in monitoring the pool area and enforcing all rules and regulations
* Carry out any reasonable request or special project by management of which the associate is capable of performing
* Prepare special events flyers and program brochures
* Be aware of possible situations where guests are not able to safely participate in an activity and inform supervisor/manager. Clean and maintain recreational equipment and supplies
* Perform all side work duties according to side work schedules.
* Know your work schedule and follow with reliability
* Work in a cooperative and friendly manner with fellow employees
* Maintain professional attire and personal hygiene
* Maintain clean, neat and orderly work area
* Perform your job according to standard operating procedures
* Read, understand and follow all policies, procedures and practices as stated in the employee handbook
* Utilize protective equipment, when applicable
* Promptly report substandard (unsafe) conditions to supervisor
* Promptly reports accidents, injuries, property damage or loss to supervisor
* Keep accurate communication flowing freely among all hotel departments
* Inform management promptly of any work-related problems or guest complaints
* Practice 'CARE Hospitality' and provide guest satisfaction
* Promote the hotel through goodwill, courtesy and positive attitude
* Attend all scheduled training, classes and meetings
* Train other employees as directed by management
* Perform any reasonable request as assigned or directed by management
* Provide for a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules
* Arrange for reasonable accommodations for person(s) with disabilities
* Assist person(s) with a disability
* Comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws and ordinances as they apply to the hotel, quest and employees
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
* The employee frequently is required to stand; walk.
* The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 26 pounds
* The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.