POSITION PURPOSE: TO INSURE THERE ARE CLEAN DISHES AT ALL TIMES TO SERVE THE CUSTOMERS AND CLEAN COOKING UTENSILS TO PREPARE THE FOOD.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
Clean all filters and hose out inside of machine before filing dishwasher
- Check water temperatures
a) Wash cycle 160 degrees minimum
b) Rinse cycle 180 degrees minimum
Scrape and clean all dishes
- Stack all dishes together by size and type
- Turn on dishwasher and fill dishracks
- Use presoak tub for all silverware
a) Read directions on the soap box
b) Empty presoak tub when half full
c) After emptying presoak tub, separate knives, forks, and spoons
d) Use silverware racks for washing silver, all silverware must be up
Separate water glasses, juice glasses and coffee cups and use the proper size rack to wash each type separately
- All cooking utensils and pots and pans must be washed by hand
- Clean up and turn dishmachine off:
a) Turn conveyor off first after all dishes have been washed
b) Turn off heater (red light will go off)
c) Turn off water valves to drain machine
d) After washing all counters with soapy water, all stainless steel must be wiped dry
e) Hose out the water tanks on the dishmachine
The utility sink and the broom hanger must be kept clean and neat at all times. Stand mops against wall, handle down so they can dry.
- Hood filters from the cook’s line must be washed and left to dry every night
- After turning off and clearing dishmachine:
a) Remove all floor mats to loading area
b) Dump used grease into large tub in grease room
c) Carry all trash to dumpster
d) Wash out trash cans and scrub mats with hose in grease room
Cleaning floors and closing kitchen:
a) Remove everything from floor area that can be lifted and put on counters
b) Sweep entire floor
* Be sure to check under cooks&rsquo: line
* Do not sweep scraps into floor drains, put trash in containers
c) Use mop bucket with soapy hot water (use floor soap) and scrub onto floor with a broom
d) Rinse soap from floor with clean mop. Be sure to mop under cooks&rsquo: line and between machines
e) Squeeze out all soapy water into drains and mop up puddles as necessary
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
* Sort dirty linen and carry dirty tablecloths and napkins to linen hamper
* Know and be responsible for all bushelp duties if asked by the Manager to do them
* Keep kitchen floor and shelves clean
* Help in setting up banquet rooms if asked by Manager
* Clean the bar when asked by the Manager
* Clean and straighten all storerooms and coolers when asked by the Manager
* Keep all walls clean
* Any other duty required in an emergency situation