Experience and Skills:
- Loads articles into washer and ads specific amount if detergent, soap, or other cleaning agent.
- Turns valve to fill washer with water.
- Starts machine that automatically washes and rinses articles.
- Lifts clean, wet articles from washer and places them successively into wringers and driers for measured time cycles.
- Sorts dried articles according to identification number or type.
- Folds and places item in appropriate storage bin.
- Lubricates machine, using grease gun and oilcan.
- May dissolve soap granules in hot water and steam to make liquid soap.
- May sort and count articles to verify quantities on laundry lists.
- May soak contaminated articles in neutralizer solutions in vat to precondition washing.
- May mix dyes and bleaches according to formula, and dye and bleach specified articles.
- All other duties as assigned by a manager or supervisor.
Skills and Abilities:
Adjust to doing the same thing over and over.
Move or lift heavy objects.
Pay attention to safety rules when working around machinery.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and ability.
Prefer some previous housekeeping experience.
Licenses or certificates:
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).