We are on the search for a passionate culinary professional looking to grow their skills in a fast pace, exciting environment! This individual's primary purpose will be to ensure food is cooked in accordance with established standards in order to provide optimal customer service! Example of duties include:
- Prepares all food items according to standard recipes and/or as specified on guest check.
- Checks and controls the proper storage of product and portion control size.
- Keeps all refrigeration, storage and working areas in clean and in proper working condition.
- Prepares requisition for supplies and food items for production in the workstation. Reads and employs math skills to appropriately prepare items according to recipes.
- Performs any general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned by supervisor to adhere to health standards.
- Keep floor dry and clean to avoid slip/fall accidents.
- Perform other duties as requested, such as moving supplies and equipment, cleaning up unexpected spills.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Good working knowledge of the fundamentals of cooking.
- Good working knowledge of accepted standards of sanitation.
- Knowledge of operating all kitchen equipment, i.e. stoves, ovens, broilers, slicers, fryers, steamers, kettles, etc.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements, requisition amounts and portion sizes.
- Ability to read and write the English language in order to complete requisitions, read recipes and communicate with other employees.
- Sufficient manual dexterity of hands in order to use all kitchen equipment, i.e. knives, spoons, spatulas, tongs, slicers, etc.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 200 lbs.
- Ability to stand and work continuously in confined spaces.
- Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
If this sounds like a position for you, then we encourage you to apply!