Purpose of the Position:Primary function is to clean hotel guestrooms according to hotel standards providing the highest level of quality and service for hotel guests. Anticipates guest needs, demonstrating sensitivity and responsiveness, ensuring complete satisfaction and enter ready room status through the phone system.
- Be able to clean 17 guest rooms in an 8 hour work day, up to hotel standards
- Recording room status on work assignment sheets
- Vacuuming and sweeping carpets and floors
- Completes special cleaning projects
- Mopping and cleaning floors
- Dusting, brushing, polishing and vacuuming furniture
- Changing linen and making beds., following the hotel’s environmental program
- Checking for damaged and stained linen
- Cleaning showers, tubs, sinks and bathroom items
- Changing terry linen, following the hotel’s environmental program
- Checking for damaged and stained terry
- Dusting and cleaning room decorations, microwaves, refrigerators and structure surfaces (i.e., window sills, vents)
- Removing used guest amenities and trash
- Replaces all amenities and linens according to hotel standards
- Keeps cart and linen closets clean and organized at all times
- Reports irregularities such hot-plates, pets, suspicious persons and behavior, unusual items, and activities to Supervisor
- Notifies Supervisors of discrepancies such as vacant rooms, etc.
- Turns in lost and found items as per hotel standards
- Removes Room Service trays from rooms and places in on floor by room entrance
- Report engineering issues via synergy by phone system to hotel standards.
- Immediately report any broken door locks or safety hazards to management for immediate attention through synergy.
- Assists in preparation and deep cleaning of VIP rooms
- Cleans spots on walls, clean windows and edges outside guest room.
- Follows procedures when entering guest rooms, always keeping the guest’s need for privacy in mind
- Adheres to OSHA regulations and hotel policies and procedures regarding emergencies, safe work practices, and wearing of protective gear as necessary, and chemical bottles properly labeled.
- Thorough knowledge of proper cleaning methods for various surfaces
- Use proper chemicals when cleaning as described by department’s procedures
- Thorough knowledge of proper carpet and upholstery care policies and procedures
- Performs all duties in a timely and professional manner
- Performs a visual inspection before leaving any areas
- Follows procedures for issuance and return of room keys, prioritizing of rooms, recordkeeping, and status updates
- Demonstrates working knowledge and team effort in accomplishing additional projects as assigned
- Follows policies and procedures in preparing for and performing turndown service
- Maintains assigned closets and employee areas in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Maintains cleanliness and excellent condition of equipment and work area
- Call in ready rooms to the Housekeeping Department, enter room status through the phone system.
- Know your schedule and follow it accordingly
- Work in a cooperative and friendly manner with fellow employees
- Maintain professional attire and personal hygiene
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area
- Perform your job according to standard operating procedures
- Read, understand and follow all policies, procedures and practices as stated in the Employee Handbook
- Implement management company and hotel’s safety and emergency policies and procedures (i.e. evacuation, first aid, etc) to include removing all safety hazards, following company’s OSHA program, safe lifting techniques
- Utilize protective equipment, when applicable
- Promptly report substandard ( unsafe ) conditions to Supervisor
- Promptly report accidents, injuries, property damage or loss to Supervisor
- Keeps accurate communication flowing freely among all hotel departments
- Inform management promptly of any work-related problems or guest complaints
- Practice "CARE hospitality "and provide guest satisfaction
- Promote the hotel through goodwill, courtesy and a positive attitude
- Attend all schedule training classes and meetings
- Continue to learn and grow in your position
- Perform any reasonable request as assigned or directed by management
- Arrange for reasonable accommodations for person (s) with disabilities
- Provide for a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules
- Comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws ordinances as they apply to the hotel, guest and employees
- Respond properly to irritated or angry guests
- Know and follow all sanitation procedures
- Knowledge of proper chemical handling required
- Knowledge of cleaning techniques, requirements and use of equipment required
- Must be flexible enough to work any shifts including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Maintains inspection scores above 95% monthly.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 2 years prior experience in cleaning hotel guest rooms in a hospitality industry preferred
- Basic English Language skills required
- Use of hands to lift, carry, or pull objects up to 100 lbs
- Perform routine work and or the same task over and over again
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; and use hands to finger; handle, or feel, sometimes for long periods of time
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions