Position Purpose: to ensure food is cooked in accordance with established standards in order to provide optimal customer service.
Examples of Duties:
- Prepares all food items according to standard recipes and/or as specified on guest check.
- Checks and controls the proper storage of product and portion control size.
- Keeps all refrigeration, storage and working areas in clean and in proper working condition.
- Prepares requisition for supplies and food items for production in the workstation. Reads and employs math skills to appropriately prepare items according to recipes.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
- Performs any general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned by supervisor to adhere to health standards.
- Keep floor dry and clean to avoid slip/fall accidents.
- Perform other duties as requested, such as moving supplies and equipment, cleaning up unexpected spills.